After careful consideration we regret to announce there will be no formal Christmas Lights Switch On in Falkirk Town Centre this year. This decision does not come lightly, but after much deliberation between ourselves and Falkirk Council we are happy to host a new program of events that will take place in the town centre in the lead up to Christmas Day.
Instead of a short switch-on ceremony, we are delighted to be hosting a 4-week period of entertainment in Falkirk allowing everyone the chance to enjoy the usual festive illuminations and tree while taking advantage of all the town has to offer.
This extended and extensive range of activities includes:
- Giant Snow Globe Open Saturday and Sunday – 11am – 3pm.
- Town Centre Santa’s Grotto Open every Saturday 11am – 4pm and Sunday 12pm – 4pm. £2 per child.
- Santa’s Post Office – located near the Falkirk Steeple, this free family event will be open 4 weekends to encourage visitors to write and receive personalised letters to Father Christmas and local nursing homes. Booking required.
- Local children can participate in the ‘Come as yourself, leave as an Elf’ initiative as well as various Christmas craft workshop activities. Booking required.
- Choirs and live music at key dates throughout the period.
- A town centre Christmas Toy Soldier Trail
While few outdoor restrictions are in place, in partnership with Falkirk Delivers, the Council has agreed a range of precautionary measures, intended to reduce the spread of the virus and help maintain good progress as we continue to support the local economy and keep visitors and citizens safe. Encouraging people to meet safely outside, alongside good hygiene and safety practice will create safer conditions for local people, visitors to the area and bring support to local business at an important time in the retail calendar.
For more information on arrangements for Falkirk’s District Towns, see below.