Guidance before filling out the form
What are the aims of the scheme?
- Promote the Key objectives of the Business Improvement District:
- Increasing Footfall and Spend
- Business Support
- Assist businesses to begin trading online, or develop their existing online presence.
- Promote economic recovery, in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Who can apply?
- Self-employed, sole-traders and micro and small enterprises (up to 25 employees)
- Businesses within the Falkirk Delivers Business Improvement District
- Levy paying businesses
- Limited companies
Who is excluded from applying?
- Any organisation promoting political parties, religion or gambling and betting activities
- Businesses will be asked to submit 3 months of bank statements to demonstrate trading
and the need for funding.
- Businesses will be asked to evidence any current online presence and social media.
How will my application be assessed?
- Key criteria
- Value for money
- Safeguarding existing jobs
- Creation of new jobs
- Contribution towards business growth.
- Businesses will be prioritised if they have not previously had financial contribution from Falkirk Delivers.
- Return the form to email@example.com
- You will then be notified within 10 days if you are successful.
- Obtain quotes (minimum 3) from suppliers (Falkirk Delivers can provide a list of e-commerce supplier suggestions to assist you with your project, but will not encourage or favour any particular supplier)
- Submit successful bid and Project Plan.
- If everything is in order, Falkirk Delivers will send you an award letter within 7 days.
- Grant will be paid on submission of invoice for completed work or as per milestones outlined in your grant acceptance paperwork.
All registered BID members are eligible to apply for a grant. You will pay 50% of the improvement costs with Falkirk Delivers paying the other 50%. The Falkirk Delivers maximum contribution will be £1,000.
Grant awards exclude VAT. You are responsible for the VAT element of your invoices.
|Improvement Cost||Falkirk Delivers Contribution||Your Contribution|
|Anything over £2000 (a)||£1000 (b)||a – b|
In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Complete all the fields under Applicant Details. Only the Trading Name is optional if not relevant, but it must be provided if any of the supporting documentation features a trading name;
- Send all the following supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- photographic proof of identity;
- proof of address;
- Evidence of active trading (bank statements and 2 other forms of evidence).
- Have completed Section 2 (E-Commerce Plan)
- Have completed Section 3, which will be used to assist in assessing your application.
- Have ticked the box agreeing to the Declaration.
- Must have paid all years BID Levy Payments.